12/05/2008

Bush: 'I Was Unprepared For War,' 'I'm Sorry' for the Economic Crisis, Says He Helped Elect Obama

Lame duck President George W. Bush scores a hattrick when recently speaking to ABC News' Charlie Gibson. Some interview excerpts:Gaffe No. 1: "I think I was unprepared for war," Bush told ABC News' Charlie Gibson in an interview airing on World News. In other words, I didn't campaign and say, 'Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack,'" Bush said. "In other words, I didn't anticipate war. Presidents - one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen."Gaffe No. 2: "I'm sorry it's happening, of course," Bush said in a wide-ranging interview with ABC's World News. "Obviously I don't like the idea of people losing jobs, or being worried about their 401(k)s. On the other hand, the American people got to know that we will safeguard the system. I mean, we're in. And if we need to be in more, we will."Gaffe No. 3: I think it was a repudiation of Republicans," he told Charlie Gibson. "And I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me. I think most people voted for Barack Obama because they decided they wanted him to be in their living room for the next four years explaining policy."

Read More...

No comments:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>script src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~s/blogspot/TheLastMovement?i=<$BlogItemPermalinkURL$>" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">